April 28, 2011

Dear Jude :: 1 month old

Dear Jude,

You are one month old today!!  I can't believe how fast time has flown.  This past month has been the most challenging and joyful months of my life.  This new "mom" role is different, but I love having my world revolve around you.  You are so sweet and precious to your dad and I and we love you so so so much!!


You are currently sleeping 4.5 hours straight at night, with a couple of other 3 or 3.5 hour stretches in there.  I only get up with you twice, so I can't really complain at all.  You sure are a grunter!!  You are a very noisy sleeper and grunt in your sleep.  You are still in our room, but we're thinking about moving you to your crib to see if we all sleep better. :-)


You are growing fast and I recently had to pack up your newborn clothes!  You fit perfectly in your 0-3 sleepers that we wear most of the time. :-)  You weighed 8lbs 10oz at your two week checkup, so I can only imagine that you are closer to 10.5 or 11lbs now!


You really are a great baby.  You have many happy and awake moments and are easily soothed when you are fussy.  I don't know how I got such an easy baby.  You are starting to show signs of smiling and every once in awhile will show us your huge grin.  You have started showing more of an interest in everything around you.  You especially like your hanging animals over your changing pad.  You also love your bath!!  Even if you are a little bit fussy, you are always so interested in the water and so happy for it to be bath time.  Getting out of the bath is another story.  :-)


You are so very precious to your dad and I and we love you and pray for you daily!!


Love you always,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment