November 9, 2015

It's time to tell this story.

This has been the hardest, most beautiful year of my life, and I'm about to let to go by with no more than five blog posts about it.  And that is okay.

There are some seasons that are simply beyond words.  The dust has needed to settle a bit before sense can be made out of it.  I want to be real, and not sugar coat the complicated emotions and heartache, but at the same time celebrate all the amazing ways I've seen incredible growth and love and redemption and healing.  So, if you ask me how things are going, I might say a quick "Good".  Because I'm a glass-half-full kinda girl.  But the real answer is, "Really good.  And really hard."

I think it is time to share this story.  The beautiful and the painful.  But this isn't just our story, it is Owen's too.  And that is a huge reason why I haven't found words to write yet.  I have needed to give some time for this story to play out, and figure out what is Owen's to keep and what is mine to share.  At the same time, I definitely feel compelled to share this story, all while honoring Owen's history.  And that is what I intend to do.

Over the next many weeks, I want to get this story written down before it leaves my memory.  It has been incredible and the most beautiful, convicting, refining, and humbling experience of my life.  And we're only six months in.

This Owen Kang is nothing short of amazing.  He simply blows me away.  Sometimes I look down at this boy, snuggled up against my chest, rubbing his blankie with one hand and the other with a thumb in his mouth, and I can't believe we've only known each other six months.  Six months and he trusts like this?  He was so ready for us.

This beautiful story of family and growth and hard and relationship and love, could only have been written by the One who loves each of us beyond measure.  I'm so excited to share it with you.

Soon.




 











No comments:

Post a Comment