September 7, 2012

Dear Isaac :: 2 months old

My sweet sweet Isaac Lee,

In true second-child nature, this post is late.  And I don't have a giraffe photo to go with it.  I'm so sorry.  You and your big brother keep me busy, to say the least.  And I hope to get your giraffe photo taken soon!


You, my sweet boy, are just pure joy!  You are so quick to smile and I'm near certain I've heard a laugh or two out of you already.  If I am holding you, you always wiggle your way to look up into my eyes.  You love "talking" to me or your Dada.  And if Jude is around, your eyes are glued to him.  I look forward to the day when Jude realizes he can make you laugh.  It's sure to be a good time.


You are also a BIG boy!!  24" and 13lbs 11.5oz at your two month check-up!  This is a whole pound and a half bigger than your brother at this age!  You have rolls on your thighs, which I just love.  And you've already been in 6 month clothes for about a month already.  And your hair is really coming in already, too!  I have a feeling you are soon going to have a full head of hair like your brother.  And a blondie, just like him.  :-)


Nights have been such a blessing.  You go to bed around 7pm at night, like clockwork, and get up to eat around 2:30 or 3am, then again around 6 or 7am.  Sometimes it is just once at night; sometimes twice.  But you eat and are right back to sleep most nights.  I really can't complain.  I love that you have already switched to an early bedtime like your brother.


You had your first little cold this past week.  That's what you get for being the second child - a big brother who gets germs from church nursery and passes them along to the family.  It was sad to see you all snuffly, but we seem to be over it for the most part now.

You eat about every 3 hours and are still a champion nurser.  Usually you eat in under 10 minutes and are done.  I really can't complain in that category.


You really enjoy tummy time... and usually fall asleep.  Whoops.  Sometimes I let you snooze on your belly if I'm close-by. :-)

You have been a way easier baby than I could have wished for.  It's so fun to spend this time with you, knowing how quickly it is going to fly by.

Love you my littlest man,

Mama  

No comments:

Post a Comment