October 31, 2010

19 weeks.


I know I say this every time, but I seriously can't believe how fast the time is flying.  19 weeks??  Wow.  And with all the holiday's right around the corner, we'll be in 3rd trimester before we know it.  Anyway - here is your promised weekly update.

Today's date: October 31, 2010 

How far along: 19 weeks

Total weight gain: 5-6 lbs.  

Size and growth of the baby: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom.

Sex: Gender ultrasound is scheduled for November 10 (9 days)!

Maternity clothes: All maternity pants, but still wearing regular shirts.  

Sleep: Some nights are better than others.  I had a great couple of nights of sleep, then last night I was so uncomfortable, I know I was tossing and turning for at least 4 hours.  I know it is only going to get way worse.  I feel bad for my poor husband who has to put up with it. :-(  

Best moment(s) of the week: It was a great weekend!!  Friday night was spent with the ladies from our small group - SO much fun.  Then Saturday and Sunday we spent with friends and got to see the adorable baby costumes.  It is so crazy to think that this time next year I will have a 7 month old!!

Movement: More and more every day!  I've got a little wiggle worm in there.

Food cravings/aversions: Still into chocolate and orange juice.  I am really trying to cut back on the sugar and pay attention to eating healthy... which isn't very easy when you're pregnant.  At least I have no aversion. :-)  The bigger problem is feeling like I am ALWAYS hungry - can't satisfy this appetite.

Morning sickness: Feeling good!!

Symptoms: Still tired... belly is growing... babe is kicking.  I can't really complain!

Labor signs:
 Way too soon.

Belly button in or out: 
 In. 

What I miss: 
Sleeping normally... and still waiting for that 2nd trimester energy boost.  And normal skin!!  My skin is SUPER dry lately - driving me crazy.

What I'm looking forward to: Looking MORE pregnant and gender ultrasound in 9 days!!!


What's happening this week:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large mango. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the "promised weekly update". After all, it is about us.;-)

    Sorry about the sleep, babe. Rumor has it that this prepares you for the guaranteed nightly interruptions after Baby G is born for months to come. Is the boppy pillow helping at all??

    ReplyDelete